The Chief General Manager, Tamilnadu,
Greams Road, Chennai.
Sub:- External plant service deterioration resulted the customer dissatisfaction -Reg
Due to corona the LL/BB/ FTTH service is at most necessary for all the Loyal customers are depending BSNL service. The out sourcing the External plant in this period without proper planning resulted closure of LL/BB and migrated to other operators. This is the situation all over the Tamilnadu circle/BA.
We wish to draw your urgent attention and needy action to set right the things in war foot manner to retain our customer base. We suggest the following.
- The Contactor particularly Nevitel not engaged required /Nil workforce to handle the fault. Only landline faults were attended in some places. No qualified technical person engaged for BB, Leased Circuits, and FTTH. No supervisor was posted to supervise the work done or faults cleared. The cluster where work force not engaged for restoration of faults, the payment should not be effected.
- No materials was supplied by the any contractor , not even a bit of drop wire.
- No ADSL/FTTH modem configured or fault attended by the contractor since they don’t have qualified hands in this regard.
- The cluster in charge of BSNL officers are not cared for the faults attended or not caring to extract work from agencies. No proper mechanism to check the fault clearance. The unit officer responsibility is to check all the parameters before certifying the bill vouchers submitted by the Contractor. No bills payment should be made to contractors for non compliance of the Tender conditions.
- No payment on account of Azeem and NPD connections . Our hard earned money should not be taken off by the contactor. Each month the average working connections calculated for payment is ensured with correctness.
- Proper mechanism may be evolved from DGM CFA to SDE the cluster incharge to monitor the fault restoration system.
- A task force formed among existing regular employees to attend prolonged faults/important leased circuits and the service charge is levied from contractor .
- A review by AGM/DGM level in every week and meeting with cluster supervisor by SDE/cluster in charge.
- For each jumper in MDF we are paying Rs3.50 for each line available in MDF. So for no person is posted in MDF. So the charges in this regard may be withheld or not to be paid.
- The faults booked in 198 system only attended. The customers had the practice of recording faults in note book available in exchanges were not attended resulted closure of LL. Kindly do needful mechanism in this regard. This is happening in small exchanges where no person is posted .
- Provide display flex board for cluster in charge Service nos and contractor nos to the customers where ever necessary.
- Inner Zone faults are not attended by the contractor. If so these nos also reduced from the bill to contractor
- Supply of proper tools by contractor to attend the faults ensured by the cluster incahrge.
- Proper I/D card is absolutely necessary t o all contract employees by the respective contractors to avoid any untoward incidents .( in Coimbatore uniform also agreed by the contractor)
Our suggestion is made to improve the service efficiency, maximise revenue only not finding fault on any one.
All violations of Tender conditions, engaging minimum force,No qualified hands to Attend BB/modem faults, closing the faults without attending are brought to our union notice..
So kindly request you to take appropriate action to restore the confidence of Customers is very much solicited
The payment of bills should be made after though scrutiny of work done by the contractor.
CIRCLE SECRETARY, NFTE-BSNL